Companies of MERA Group may act as the Data Controllers when gathering personal information through web-site or otherwise and are committed to protecting the personal data they collect and process, during the course of their business operations, in line with the provisions of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of MERA Group is Mr. Andrey Ragin, who can be contacted as follows:
Personal Data Collected
When visiting this Web site you can use it without disclosing your identity or revealing any other personal information, however, to fully benefit from the interactivity of this Web site you may be required to provide limited personal or business data, for example, your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number, as well as any other personal data (including cookies), which may be relevant.
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows this Website or a third party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on.
Use of Personal Data
MERA using such collected personal data only for the purposes to improve the services that we provide to you through this Web site or to provide you with the business information that you may request from us. Furthermore, MERA may from time to time send newsletters, publications, emails or other forms of communication, written or oral, for the purpose of informing Data Subjects and other persons related to Data Subjects, of any news or new services it may offer. Such communication will only be sent provided that MERA has received written and explicit consent from the persons concerned.
MERA strictly undertakes to process any personal data it has collected from the Web-site purely for the purposes intended, and only for the necessary period of time, so as to be able to fulfil its obligations to the Data Subjects, and to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
MERA shall not sell or transfer such information in any other way to any third parties or entities not affiliated with MERA unless such disclosure is required by law, by enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and/or is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or third parties and to prevent crime and other misdemeanors or comply with local and international statutory reporting requirements. In all such cases the transfer of personal data will be in accordance with MERA’s Personal Data Protection Policy, and in compliance with the GDPR.
Data Subjects’ Rights
Under the provisions of the GDPR, Data Subjects have the following rights, with regards to their personal data:
- The right to be informed – about the collection and use of their personal data.
- The right of access – to their personal data.
- The right to rectification – to have inaccurate personal data corrected, or incomplete data to be completed.
- The right to erasure – to have personal data erased (so called “right to be forgotten”).
- The right to restrict processing – right to request the restriction or suppression of personal data.
- The right to data portability – to obtain and reuse their personal data and to transfer it easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way.
- The right to object – to processing of personal data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – right to request that in cases where personal data is used for automated decision making or profiling, the final decision is taken by a physical person.
- The right to withdraw consent – where the processing of personal data requires or is based on the consent of the Data Subject.
- The right to complain – if any persons have any concerns with the way in which their personal data has been processed, they may contact the Data Protection Officer in the first instance. If they are still not satisfied, they have the right to contact the relevant data protection authority.
Personal Data Retention Period
MERA will retain the personal data of Data Subjects for a minimum of five years following the receipt of the personal data. At the end of the five-year period all personal data relating to the Data Subjects or any other related persons will be deleted/destroyed in so far as such deletion/destruction of data will not be in contravention of any other legal requirements which may be in force at the time.
Security of Personal Data
MERA fully understands the importance of privacy and takes all the necessary steps to ensure that all personal data that it has collected is processed, shared, stored and deleted in a safe and secure way. All reasonable steps, stipulated in Personal Data Protection Policy, are taken to protect the IT infrastructure of the MERA Group against unauthorized access and/or modification, loss of data, disclosure, or other improper use. This includes hardware and software security measures, restriction of access to data via user rights, firewalls and anti-virus software. MERA works with outside security specialists to perform regular testing of all its IT systems, and takes all the necessary measures to rectify any shortcomings identified during such tests. In case of any breach of security, , the IT - Director is informed immediately, followed by the Data Protection Officer, so that appropriate damage limitation measures are taken.
MERA processes personal data on this Web site in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, Directive 2002/58 and Directive 2009/136 as well as the corresponding German legislation, including provisions of German Telemedia Act (§§ 11-16) and Federal Data Protection Act.
Enforcement of This Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement or wish to request that we no longer use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days.