Blade systems allow telecom equipment manufacturers to build highly integrated solutions with outstanding node and network availability and scalability. MERA possesses great experience in blade systems and offers R&D services and solution development for blade systems’ common infrastructure and high-availability solutions (applications) on their base, for both customer’s proprietary or industry standard (e.g. ATCA) blade server solutions:
Backplane and external L2/L3 connectivity based on
- IEEE Ethernet & IETF IP specifications,
- commercial software for control plane,
- commercially available network processors and switching hardware for data plane.
Platform (HW, power & cooling) management based on
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI),
- proprietary solutions.
Telecom node management based on
- ITU-T and 3GPP specifications,
- IETF SNMP and NETCONF,
- HTTPs, SSH.
HA-enabled, distributed, real-time carrier-grade applications based on
- Proprietary middleware,
- IP and SS7 network interfaces.