Backhaul connects radio access part of the network (NodeB, BTS, etc) to its core part (BSC, RNC, etc). Currently there is a distinct trend to migrate from circuit-switched ATM-based to packet-switched IP-based backhaul solutions. MERA is actively contributing to the process and provides software R&D services for the following backhaul solutions:
- ATM-IP Gateways,
- Abis over IP implementation,
- intellectual IP routers with embedded telecom functionality such as QoS, OAM, etc.
MERA’s competence includes:
- Abis interface,
- software development for different types of network processors,
- various IP stacks for embedded Linux,
- real-time processing on Linux.