Exponential data traffic growth requires effective methods of packet forwarding - transit of logically addressed packets from their source towards the ultimate destination through intermediate nodes, typically hardware devices called routers, bridges, gateways, firewalls or switches. MERA provides software R&D services for 1, 10 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet switching solutions.
MERA expertise covers a wide range of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols:
MERA possesses in-depth knowledge of 3rd party switching/routing stacks:
- IPInfusion ZebOS,
- Aricent ISS.
Our software development activities include
- protocol stack customization,
- implementation of protocol extensions,
- network management model design.
High speed switching and routing is performed with the use of hardware acceleration methods. MERA works with the following network processors:
- Broadcom StrataXGS III - V,
- LSI/Agere (APP320, APP334, APP340, APP650, APP3K),
- Intel IXP 1100 & 2400,
- PowerQUICC II - III,
- Wintegra WinPath.
Quality assurance activities include
- protocol Implementation Conformance Testing;
- performance testing, including latency and network convergence measurements;
- stability testing;
- interoperability testing.
Outstanding expertise in modern switching/routing protocols, stack and network processors allows MERA to provide excellent R&D services in IP & Data.