The customer is a US-based company which rapidly grew from a startup to a well-known POS
provider. With their iPad and cloud-based Point of Sale business platform, the customer integrates operations and
customer channels with Point of Sale functionality in a single, user-friendly and extremely secure payment
The customer wanted to improve their mobile POS solution, which had been recently released
but suffered from certain stability, performance and functionality issues. Still in a prototype phase, the product
had limited functionality, lack of major features, and no business-specific customization.
Therefore, high team performance and agility along with a significant amount of features to
be developed were among the customer’s requirements. Lack of technical documents and mature R&D
processes further complicated the matter, urging the engineering team to work even harder under the pressure of
tight schedule and constantly changing requirements.
MERA quickly built up a team to cover and participate in the development, bugfix and quality
assurance of all product areas, including frontend/backend development, and DevOps. Following best-in-class
architecture approaches and programming practices, they achieved the product’s stability and improved its
Three years later, MERA transformed the initial bare-metal base architecture into a
sophisticated solution ready for cloud-based, hybrid or bare-metal based approach. It is based on production
environment designed to meet the expectations of enterprise customers: high performance, high availability,
redundancy and advanced reporting.
MERA extended the product with all core POS features as well as industry-specific features
plus a bunch of additional features to convert the product into a feature-reach POS solution.
Another task on MERA’s agenda was integration of the solution with numerous
POS-related hardware devices such as printers, barcode scanners, pinpads and others. MERA engineers also performed
the product’s integration with third-party services like shipping and delivery, loyalty programs, accounting
As of 2019, MERA continues to be a vital part of the vendor’s team responsible for
both hardware and software aspects of the solution. Apart from R&D services, MERA experts provide the vendor
with QA resources, а reliable DevOps team and scalable Tier 1&2 omnichannel multi-lingual support.
The POS solution fine-tuned with the help of MERA allows the customer to offer end-users an
efficient, reliable and fault-tolerant product, hence increasing customer satisfaction level and market share.
Combining cloud-based technology and mobility of a tablet, the solution provides end-users with everything
required to run operations in bars, restaurants, and stores of all sizes with 360-degree security.
- Feature-rich modern frontend for a number of mobile platforms:
- iPad based UI frontend created using a user‑centered approach
- Web and Android applications for mobile and online ordering
- iPhone application for inventory management
- iPad applications for Client Display System and Kitchen Display System
- On-line and off-line modes enabling business continuity when Wi-Fi network is down
- Maximized backend performance as a result of optimized scalable environment:
- Hybrid Cloud for flexibility and scalability
- Docker containers for services and applications deployment
- Kubernetes for horizontal scalability and fault-tolerance clusters
- Feature-reach REST APIs for mobile and web clients integration